church dedicated to the virgin, headed of Ribadavia and of Ribeiro,
was promoted by the Dominican monks, whose convent was situated
near to this beautiful sanctuary.
The temple was constructed in three clear stages, from the XVII
– XIX centuries, in successive expansions conducted primarily
by renowned architects Diego de Guemez and Juan Martínez
Outside there is neoclassic design dating from 1875, while inside
there is an overhanging volt from the Baroque period made in Cyprus
in the year 1737 and a central body with a lovely image of the Virgin
of Portal, who is passionately revered every year in a procession
on 8 September by a multitude of townsfolk.